Spa 4H Classic: Packed Programme
Posted: 28th June 2017
Live music – Lifestyle and shopping village – Frites & mayonnaise - Racing stars – Runs round the old circuit – Best of show competition – Fred Krugger custom bikes - European classic series and support races – Sprints – GP bike parades – Scorching hot weather*
This just in from the organsiers:
15 Reasons to attend the 15th edition of the Bikers' Classics
The 15th edition of the Bikers'Classics, which takes place on June 30 and July 1, risks once again breaking all visitor records, for the 15 following reasons:
1. Lifestyle Village. Here is one that gets bigger with each year! For the third year in a row, fans of customs, bobbers and other creations will fill the Village. They are supported by no less than four major official brands: Harley-Davidson, Yamaha, BMW and Ducati!
2. Live Music. The free concert on Saturday night is one of the acquired privileges of the Bikers'Classics. Following the steaming hot performances in 2004 and 2012, Bouldou and his Sticky Fingers re-enter the stage for a very "Rolling Stones" concert. An event that has already been approved by Classic 21, the radio of classics.
3. Three generations of stars. On track and in the paddocks you will find a lot of stars during the Bikers'Classics. This year there are three people who will undoubtedly attract a lot of public attention: Phil Read, Wayne Gardner and Guy Martin. The first one is known in history as one of the best riders of all time. The second returns to Spa to celebrate the 30th anniversary of his world title, which he achieved in 1987. And then there's Guy Martin, the mega star of the Tourist Trophy, he will participate in the endurance race and in the GP Parade with a 1994 Suzuki RGV 500 from Kevin Schwantz.
4. European Classic Series. Traditional on Saturday Night, the 4 Hours of Spa Classic, which is also the second round of the European Classic Series 2017, of which the opening round took place at Donington Park in early May. The 4 Hours will line up about 50 teams at 20:00. Among them a lot of amateurs but also some big endurance names, such as Grégory Fastré, Peter Linden and Guy Martin..
5. Extra races. The Belgian round of the European Classic Series may be the highlight of the Bikers'Classics competitions, but there will be a lot of other races during the three days as well as free riding sessions and parades. The Belgian, German and France championships for classic bikes will also provide a lot of spectacle.
6. Sultans of Sprint. They do not take themselves too seriously. The Sultans of Sprint propose a drag race championship destined for air-cooled two-cylinders up to 1,400cc. The power, the performance and speed are of course primary, but the "Sultans" also underline the importance of the style and creativity of the participants!
7. GP Parades. Not just one but two GP Parades this year. One for machines built between 1960 and 1985 and the other for 'more modern' machines from 1986 to today. In this latter category we find the Grand Prix, Formula 750 and Endurance motorcycles. A random grip from the participants: Casey Stoner's Ducati MotoGP10, the Kawasaki ZX-RR 2004 by Alex Hoffman, Troy Bayliss' Ducati 1999 Superbike RS996, the Yamaha YZF R7 1999 by Noriyuki Haga, the Suzuki 500 RGV 1993 world champion of Kevin Schwantz...
8. Great A-XOC Parade. On Saturday, July 1 at 6 o'clock, more than 500 motorcycle riders will be released on the circuit for two rounds, the first round on the current track of 7 km and the second one on the "old Francorchamps" with its length of 14 km. For the 15th edition of the Bikers' Classics, the Great Parade is organized in collaboration with A-XOC protection. It is open to all motorcycle riders, participants as well as spectators.
9. Commercial Village. If the paddock is the beating heart of the Bikers'Classics, the commercial village is definitely the lungs of the event. Over 800 m2 exhibition with typical "classic" activity. You can find valuable spare parts, accessories or documents. One can meet and greet the stars of the weekend during the signature sessions. You can do bargains at the big exchange fair (this year even bigger) and enjoy the many different animations ...
10. The Classic Moto festival. Three days of festivities, around 30,000 spectators, international stars, exceptional motorcycles, permanent spectacle ... All this in a typical relaxed atmosphere sprained with the smell of oil and gasoline and with an unprecedented noise. All the ingredients are there to make this Bikers'Classics the largest European event for classic bikes. And that's been so for 15 years already!
11. Souvenir shop. It would be a pity to visit such an event and not be able to take a souvenir home, no? Especially if it is a useful souvenir that you can use on-site or later. In the official boutique of the Bikers'Classics you will find t-shirts, caps and many other souvenirs of the event.
12. Best of Show. The organizers gather a lot of impressive collection motorcycles, but some of the participants do not come to play the second fiddle. For the third time in a row, an elegance contest is organized among the participants, aiming at the "Best of Show" prize in different categories. An election entrusted to a jury of specialists and celebrities.
13. Expo. The Bikers'Classics is often considered a great outdoor exhibition. But that did not prevent the team from DG Sport from organizing an exhibition in the exhibition. The name : "Hard to find, nice to see". Here you will find around ten motorcycles that are even more emblematic than the others if possible, including mainly 500cc GP machines, but also Superbikes, MotoGPs ...
14. Krugger Thiverval. A world premiere, what about that! The result of the local artisan Fred Krugger, double World Champion manufacturers. He reveils a Ducati XDiavel fully transformed by him, at the direct request of the Bologna factory.
15. And also… Is that all? Of course not ! There are many other reasons that will convince the greatest sceptics: the ambiance, the presence of many foreign participants and spectators, free access to the pitlane, the unexpected encounters, the most beautiful circuit in the world, an excellent organization.
Info and full program at www.bikersclassics.be
*We made that last one up.